Sustainability and Well-being Certificate
College: College of Natural & Health Sciences
The Graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Well-being is a fully online degree program offered collaboratively by UW-Parkside, UW-Green Bay, UW-Superior, and UW-Extended campus. This online certificate focuses primarily on adult and nontraditional students who hold an undergraduate degree and have the desire to continue their education. This all online certificate is focused on the principles of sustainability related to workplace well-being. Students will learn the fundamentals of sustainability and well-being, behavior and development of organizations, and principles of corporate social responsibility through four courses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to incorporate appropriate principles of sustainability related to well-being.
- Students will be able to plan for a culture of wellbeing through organizational development and management of sustainability and well-being initiatives.
- Students will be able to engage and lead sustainability and well-being initiatives at organizational, local, national, and global levels.
- Students will be able to solve complex sustainability and well-being problems with a systems thinking approach.
- Students will be able to construct effective communication methods for diverse audiences
Admission to the Sustainability and Well-being Certificate
Students must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and provide transcripts from all accredited institutions previously attended. Admissions will occur on a rolling basis with new applicants able to start the program during each of the academic terms: fall, spring, and summer. Please contact the Academic Director, Dr. Penny Lyter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. John Skalbeck at email@example.com for more information.
Requirements for the Sustainability and Well-being Certificate
This certificate requirements consist of four required courses, three credits each for a total of 12 credits.
|HWM 700||Contemporary Health and Wellness Perspectives||3|
|HWM 770||Behavior and Development in Organizations||3|
|SMGT 750||The Built Environment||3|
|SMGT 780||Corporate and Social Responsibility||3|