Data Analytics Certificate
College: College of Business, Economics, and Computing
Data-driven decision making is a key for successful business managers. It enables you to find whether what seems attractive and logical is really beneficial to your business. Without data analytics companies could not provide 24-hour delivery to your doorstep or being resilient to manage COVID pandemic uncertainty and challenges. The proposed graduate level certificate in Data Analytics (DA) is designed to impart these data analysis and data visualization tools and techniques.
The graduate Certificate in Data Analytics (DA) is being offered through the established MBA-DA degree program. The certificate will include existing courses from the MBA-DA program focused on data analytics tools, data visualization, optimization, and supply chain analytics.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create visual and analytical models to solve organizational issues.
- Apply advanced analytics, including AI/ML, to guide business decisions.
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology tools to work with large sets of organizational data.
- Apply optimization tools to make efficient business decisions.
- Design strategic forecasting, inventory, and distribution polices.
Students cannot earn both a certificate in Data Analytics and an MBA degree with Data Analytics concentration.
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
The following students are eligible for the graduate level Data Analytics certificate:
- Current UW-Parkside MBA student with any concentration except Data Analytics
- Students with an undergraduate degree with GPA 2.75 or higher from an accredited institution AND 5 years of relevant professional experience (resume required).
- Students with an undergraduate business degree with GPA 2.75 or higher from an accredited institution.
- Students with any Master’s degree from an accredited institution AND 2 years of relevant professional experience (resume required).
- Students with Master’s degree in Business field from an accredited institution.
Students cannot enroll for a certificate in Data Analytics if they have already earned a UW-Parkside MBA degree with Data Analytics concentration.
Successful completion of the certificate requires a grade of C or better in each of the certificate courses and a certificate GPA of 3.0 or better.
|MBA 720||Information Technology for Business Decision Making||2|
|MBA 729||Technologies For Data Analytics||2|
|MBA 761||Optimization Techniques||2|
|MBA 762||Supply Chain Analytics||2|
University Requirements for Graduate Certificates
Graduate certificates are designed for students at one of the following levels:
- Students who have completed a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution and are enrolled for graduate credit
- Students who are enrolled simultaneously in a graduate degree program
Students must meet the admission requirements of a degree seeking or non-degree seeking graduate student to be eligible to earn a graduate certificate. At least 75% of the credits must be earned after completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree and students must attain a GPA of 3.00 within the certificate courses.
Certificate programs are designed to develop a particular expertise or set of skills. Graduate certificate programs will require a minimum of 8 graduate-level credits. For graduate certificates, at least 50% of the credits must be at the 700 level. At least 60% of the credits for the graduate certificates must be earned at UW-Parkside for program residency. Individual departments and programs may require more than 60% of the credits to be taken at UW Parkside.
Certificate programs should not be confused with certification or licensure programs which lead to certification by an outside agency.